Thursday, October 29, 2009

The weather has turned really warm today - 27deg - which is very nice! I wandered around the garden this morning having a "Smellathon" among the roses, what a delightful way to spend an hour! They were all looking perfect and ready to pose for photos, but the light was too harsh and I decided to wait till late afternoon. Of course by then the blooms had blown and I missed some. Never mind, hopefully there will be more. I know what I SHOULD do, and that's get up early and do my photography - but I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!
I am having to be very patient at the moment, I mustn't upload my photos till next Weds, the 4th, as I'm going over my monthly MB limit again! My last provider only charged for the downloads, not the uploads, I'm having trouble adjusting to it!
Yesterday I harvested potatoes from 2 of my bins and was pleasantly surprised to get 4.6 kg. They are so delicious !!
The irises are still putting on a show, I am so thrilled with them. If you stand by the iris bed the sweet perfume is divine!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the mornings!

    I struggle to get gardening done on the weekends, because it's too hot and sunny outside by the time I get up. But I refuse to wake up to an alarm clock on the weekend after doing so for the whole week, so instead I try to cram my gardening into the evenings, and consequently get covered in mozzie bites.

    Grr.. only 40 odd years until retirement I suppose! =/

    ReplyDelete